Monday 14 July 2008

Hen Do & Cake


Just a plain sponge cake, but it does taste good.Do you like the label? The string attached looks like the icing is running, but it isn't. They labels were made by my eldest as a surprise for me, to go on things I have made, like my bags. MMMM! I'm thinking, maybe I could put one somewhere in their dresses, now that's a thought.
Well back to my delicious cake! I'm not sure if it's a good idea to take up making cakes again, 'cause all That happens is I eat them and that's not good for my expanding waist!
I forgot how satisfying it is to bake, and also how lovely it is when the others in the family enjoy them!
At the rate I'm going, I won't be able to fit into my wedding clothes!
The dresses are almost finished, just need some tweaking here and there.

Disappointment!
My sister rang to say she won't be able to come to the wedding after all. I understand, but still I'm disappointed! She has had a huge expense of fixing her Caravanette, and she has, probably, the largest of expenses to travel here from Isle of Lewis.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster the last few weeks, I wont bore you with the details.
Thanks to Chicken blog for replying to my comment, it was very much appreciated.
I've done two successful car boots! The first with the help of Nayera and Jo, and the second with the help of Hubby. We are beginning our de-clutter, not that the house looks any different!

Hen Do!

This is my younger daughter up in the trees on her sister's hen do. You'll just have to take my word for it, but the boots are a give away!
They all took to the trees in GoApe complete with army style combat shorts, war paint (or should that be combat camouflage), and Rambo head bands. I was the ground troops. Even if I had managed to climb the rope ladders, I would have been frozen to the platform. I did enjoy watching them enjoying their trials and tribulations. They all (about 12) completed the course, some more surprised than others, a great afternoon.
There are rumours going around that I dived into a taxi to go clubbing and I danced around my handbag. That is a lie, I never took my handbag.

Food
Back to my favourite subject, Greg (eldest son) came to dinner yesterday bearing gifts. He bought the tastiest beef (well it was the cooking ofcourse) I've had for a long time, some sausage & bacon for in the week and some mince. So we won't die of starvation, not yet anyway, May not have kitchen to cook in but hey, what the heck!

1 comment:

Nayera said...

Yeah she's back and she's brilliant. Made me laugh along the way of reading your merriment expeditions. Just one thing no butterfly labels in my dress please. xxxxx